How to Move OpenCart Website from Localhost to Server?
OpenCart is one of the simplest and loveliest e-commerce platforms to build an online store. OpenCart offers you an ‘easy-to-work-with’ code-base with which you can get an e-Commerce site online, quickly.
Move OpenCart Website from Local to a Live Server
- Export a database. Navigate to your local phpmyadmin tool. Click on Export button and then on Go.
- Now navigate to your site root folder and make a zip archive out of its content.
- Let’s upload the zip to the root folder on the live server.
Navigate to the cPanel, click on the Upload button, find the zip archive and wait until it is uploaded. Extract the files then.
Open your store content via File Manager or FTP access. Upload zip archive and wait until it is uploaded. Extract the files then.
- Navigate to your phpmyadmin tool on the live server and import exported SQL file to a new database.
- Update the configuration files
admin/config.php to reflect your new domain path.
Make following changes in both config.php and admin/config.php files
- In the upper section, you need to replace the current path with your new site URL
- In the middle section, you need to replace the path with the path on your server. Contact your hosting company for the full path to your public folder.
- In the bottom section, you need to insert your new database details.
- Save changes.
Check your site now. If you face any problems or need our professional services, please email us at [email protected]