How to Install vQmod in OpenCart?
vQmod stands for Virtual Quick Mod. "vQmod" is an override system designed to avoid having to change core files. The concept is quite simple. Instead of making changes to the core files directly, the changes are created as XML search/replace script files. The advantage of using Vqmod is keeping the core functionalities of OpenCart untouched.
- Download vQmod. Preferably download the latest version available for OpenCart (not the stand alone version)
- Unzip the installation archive to a folder on your computer.
- Upload vQmod to root directory of your OpenCart store through FTP.
- Run the installation by running install file through :http://www.yoursite.com/vQmod/install.
- You should get a success message. If not, check permissions above and try again.
- Load your store homepage and verify it works.
- Using FTP, verify there are new "vq" files in the " vqmod/vqcache" folder
- If yes, then you are ready to start downloading or creating vQmod scripts.
If you face any problems or need our professional services, please email us at [email protected]