How to Create CMS Pages in Magento?
CMS (Content Management System) pages are static pages such as your Homepage, About Us, Customer Service pages or any other that provide information about a web store and are managed through Magento Backend panel. CMS pages serves as perfect landing pages having their unique URLS.
Creating CMS Pages In Magento
To create a new content page follow the instructions given below:
- Under Magento Admin Panel, choose CMS => Pages => Manage Content.
- Click [Add New Page] at the top right to create a new Page.
- In the Page Information panel, enter the following information:
Page Title - Name of the page you are building. This will be reference in the browser's title page.
URL Key - Select the unique URL key for this page. This will be part of the page URL that customers will see, visit, or link to when accessing this page. In terms of search engine optimization, it is helpful to select a keyword-rich URL Key.
Store View - Select the store view(s) this page will be visible on.
Status - Select whether you wish to Publish this page or keep it Disabled. Published pages will be publicly visible on your Magento Go store.
- Click Content from the left panel to edit / publish Content for this page.
- Set the Content Heading to a relevant, descriptive title for this page (i.e. About Us, or About Our Company).
- In the large content block, fill in the page content. You may use the Editor tools at the top to format your content, create links, add media, and more.
- Click the Design tab from the left panel to configure the Page Layout and Custom Design elements.
- In the Page Layout tab_section:
In Layout drop-down menu, select the number of columns for the page layout. A single column layout will make your content block the only element on the page. A three column layout will include two sidebars. Two Column with Left and Right Sidebar create a large content column with a respective sidebar.
In the Layout Update XML field, you customize the information displayed in the layout using XML.
- The Custom Design tab_section enables you to define a custom theme and layout to be used for a defined period of time. This feature allows you to create custom themed pages for holidays or special sales periods (for example, a Christmas theme, or Thanksgiving Weekend Sale).
- Select a Custom Design From and Custom Design To date that will define the period for which this custom design will be used.
- Click Meta Data from the left panel to input Meta Data for this page. Meta Data is descriptive information about a page that search engines may use to index your store's pages. This content is not visible directly on your website.
- When you are finished, click [Save Page] to save and publish your new CMS page.
That's it, you can now create landing pages, CMS pages for any of your business requirements.