Sorry, nothing in cart.
Almost quarter of a million of retailers take advantage of the Magento ecommerce application.Thanks to its practical solutions this open platform is used by both small retail vendors to big corporations from basically ever corner in the world.
Most of Magento’s popularity is based on the customizable features it offers. The ease at which the content/data/images can be uploaded, integration abilities, its search engine friendly features etc. makes it the most desired platforms. Today in this article we will learn how to add different themes to your online website store. Magneto gives you the flexibility to add different themes that you can utilize for your online store.
There are two ways to install a Magento theme
- Through Magento Connect and
- By manually uploading the theme’s files to your Magento installation.
You want to install a new Magento theme on your website. If the theme you want to use is available in Magento Connect, you can simply install it through it. If it’s not available through Magento Connect, you will have to install it manually by uploading the theme into the themes folder of your Magento installation. Here our instructions for both options.
Stpes for installing Magneto theme through Magento Connect
1. In order to upload and install a Magento theme, you need its Extension key. Once you pick a theme and open its details page, click Install Now, select the Magento Connect version (if you are using Magento 1.5 or newer, you need to select version 2.0, otherwise leave the default 1.0), agree to the extension license agreement and click on the Get Extension Key button.
2. The extension key will be visualized, so you can select and copy it. Then, open the Magento Admin Area and go to System -> Magento Connect -> Magento Connect Manager. Enter again the admin login details and paste the extension key in the Paste extension key to install field. Finally, click on the Install button.
When you are ready with the installation, you can go to Magento’s Admin Area and activate the theme. Go to System / Configuration / Design / Themes. Enter the name of the themes in the Default field and save it.
Steps for manually uploading the theme’s files to your Magento installation.
1. The file you will get is a zip file – extract this file to your computer. The folders app and skin will appear
2. Add these folders to your Magento installation. You need FTP access to your website on the server. You need to upload the folder app to magento/app/design/frontend/default and skin to magento/skin/frontend/default
3. After you have done this, go to your admin panel
4. Goto the System/Configuration/Design Tab,Choose the new theme and click Save Config
From Mangeto Admin Area / CMS / Manage Pages you will be able to choose between different layouts for the different pages you have.