Sorry, nothing in cart.
Christmas is almost always the most profitable time of year for eCommerce sales. It is that peak retail period of the year when you see a significant increase in the number of orders & the average order size. In 2013, more than $62.11 billion were spent on the Internet before Christmas. And this year, Christmas sales are expected to be more than 23% of total eCommerce sales this year. Christmas is thus a key period for all online retailers. There are lots of things to do before you gear up for Christmas sales. To get the best sales results for your Magento eCommerce store here are some tips that will help you prepare your eCommerce store and eventually increase eCommerce conversions for Christmas season.
1. Give your website a Christmas Theme : The first thing you must do is to prepare your website for Christmas. Your website’s color scheme should match the Christmas colors and spirit. If you run a Magento store, tweaking themes colors is easy. Or you can also you Magento Color Picker extension to customize various button, links and text colors just for the Christmas season. The first page to customize is your store homepage and then enhance your packages & services for guaranteed delivery before Christmas. You can also create Or edit your Magento themes every week to attract more buyers to your store. The best part of using Magento themes for your store is that without without any technical knowledge you can still edit & manage your store display.
2. Create a Christmas Landing Page : Christmas is a season where most of the purchases are meant to be gifts. You must create Christmas specific landing page to offer a variety of gifting options to your customers and to display fabulous deals and offers. This should be the page where all your Christmas products and content are displayed.
3. Make desired Content changes : Think about what content changes do you need for your web store? What should go in your Christmas promotions and sale announcements. If you have a newsletter, what should be the content for it. So keep your content ready beforehand for newsletters, emails, sale announcements, discount offers, onsite-text etc. You can create static content blocks to display all these or Christmas specific text on your store.
4. Offer Free delivery on all orders : Free shipping or free delivery is what grabs the customer’s attention during Christmas. You may sacrifice a bit of your margin but you will sure trigger the impulse gift purchases. Or offering free shipping on orders above a specific price range can also work great.
5. Make your returns and exchanges policy prominent : Plan out your return policy and additional payment options. You’ll probably want to reconsider a few policies for your store in light of the holiday season and being competitive. Many online and offline stores will offer and more liberal and extended return and exchange policy for the holiday season.
6. Make Your last order dates prominent to be delivered before Christmas : You can put a countdown timer to display last order date to be sure to deliver the shipment before Christmas.