Sorry, nothing in cart.
No matter how much efforts you put in to increase the traffic on your website, it is not enough until your visitors convert into customers. Equal efforts need to be made, to hold the visitor long enough til he converts into a customer.
In this article we are going to look into 4 basic ecommerce conversion tricks.
- First impression is the last impression: Studies show, a visitor converts into a customer within seconds of landing onto your page. This simply means first and foremost, your home / landing page is what helps the visitors take a decision of being your customer. If your homepage is able to convey the message of you being a trustworthy and credible brand, they will convert into your customers in no time.Your homepage thus,
- needs to display large, high quality images of your product range,
- needs to have your contact information in bold,
- needs to clearly state shipping costs and return policy, and
- needs to have navigation links to your about us page, reviews and testimonials.However, all these elements must be effectively incorporated in your website design.
- Talk it out: Pages that have high hits and display products is often the place when doubts feed. People often have queries, doubts, and/or questions about the products. Having a chat option on such pages facilitates the visitor in having product or offer related questions answered, ensuring conversion.
- Ask the right question: It is important to take a feedback from your visitors as well as your customers every time and again to ensure you are in sync with the current trends and user expectations. The feedback from different customers and visitors who didn’t convert gives an opportunity to learn about your flaws and work on them in time. There is a constant need to incorporate new trends into your design. This enables you to stay up-to-date.
- Give them a reason to come back: Sometimes the visitors abandon their shopping carts on your E-store. You may remind them of it through email. You may display an image of the product, mention your shipping and customer satisfaction policy, and have links to other pages on your Ecommerce store in case they would want to buy another product. This will remind them of your product and bring back the potential customer you were unable to convert.