You have no items in your shopping cart.
Magento Shoes Store Templates
What are Magento Themes?
A theme is a combination of layout, template & skin file(s) that create a visual experience for your store. Magento allows a user to load multiple themes at once, and therefore distinguishes themes into two types:
- Default Themes - Every Magento interface is loaded with a built-in default theme, which is the main theme of a Magento Interface. You you assign this interface to your store, the application searches for this 'default' theme and automatically loads it to the front end. In order to customize your Magento store, you need to either modify the default theme or create a new theme which is non-default. To run a store without errors, the default theme must contain all the required layouts, templates and skins.
- Non-Default Themes - A non default theme is defines as a customizable theme which may contain as many or as few theme files as required for your store. These themes are required for temporary or seasonal design changes. With these non-default themes you can easily transform your usual store to a unique Christmas store without having to create a whole new default theme. Updating a few images and some CSS does the thing for you.
Why Go Responsive?
Although there are many reasons to go responsive, however, the most important one is that your customers are browsing your Magento shoes store on an array of devices with varied screen sizes. If your Magento shoe store is responsive, your customers will not have any issues browsing your website. Be it images, the text, the buttons etc. they all adjust automatically with the screen size & the device your Magento shoes store is browsed on. If your shoe store is responsive, you are sure offering the optimal viewing experience to your visitors & customers. Creating a responsive design increases your website usability. It is believed that in future, everything will be responsive by default. The designers have to make sure that the website’s navigation elements such as screen-layouts, text (product description etc), images, audio/video players and other UI elements should re-adjust themselves on a variety of devices.
- Increasing your reach : With a responsive web design you can reach more audience. Increased use of internet and web applications on mobile phone & tablets had led to this development. The user base of mobile phones and tablets is evident from the increased sales of these devices in last couple of years. And it is increasing year on year. Now, with a responsive design you can target these mobile as well as tablet users.
- More audience means increased sales and conversion rates : Responsive webdesign eliminates the need for redirecting users to a mobile version of your website. the users have a better & optimal viewing experience. Use of standardized Style Sheets (CSS) across devices and unified design approach will create a consistent look and feel. All of these things together will have a positive impact on your website & you will have improves sales & conversion rates .
- Cost effective : When you compare creating a responsive web design with a mobile version, responsive is cost effective. In case of responsive there's just a single site that conforms to the need of all devices. Whereas in case of mobile version, there are two websites, one catering the needs of desktop users whereas the other catering the needs of all mobile & tablet users. You are required to maintain two websites which is inconvenient. In case of responsive, all your visitors are directed to a single website no matter what device they are using. This in turn enhances your SEO efforts.
- Save time and cost on mobile development : Creating a responsive design takes much lesser time than creating a stand-alone mobile version of your website. Plus, testing a mobile website version across various devices increase your development, maintenance & support overheads.
Why responsive Magento shoe store themes are better for your store?
Online shopping is easy and convenient as compared to the conventional ways of shopping. More and more people these days are buying products online through laptops, desktops, mobiles & tablets. Keeping the fact in mind, that your website is browsed on a laptop, a desktop computer, a tablet phone and a mobile phone, your website has to be responsive so that it is compatible & easily accessed on all these devices. There are more than 261 million mobile phone users in America, out of which 66 million users shop online using their mobile phones. And the number of these online shoppers is increasing month on month. Responsive Magento themes & web design have made it possible that the website adapts and changes according to the devise it is being browsed on. However, there's still a debate going on that whether creating a mobile version of a website is better or making is responsive is better. For those who wants to know why responsive themes are better for your business, read on the following reasons:
- Responsive Magento themes & websites are easy to manage. Instead of managing multiple websites, there's just one website to be taken care off.
- Here, one website codebase is compatible with all the other devices. A responsive design can offer a great user-experience on different devices and screen sizes.
- Google also recommends to make use of responsive webdesign as it is compatible with all devices. Doing so will help you attract more visitors to your site.
- Making your website responsive decreases the bounce rate.
What should we take into account when selecting a Magento Shoes store theme?
One of the best ways to select a theme for your Magento shoes store is to select a template that is close to what you want your site to look like. Then check if its design can be tailored to meet your requirements. Unfortunately, there are thousands and thousands of Magento shoes templates and finding one for your site can be a daunting experience. The main pages that a Magento theme displays are :
- The Home (main) page
- The Category page - with a list of sub categories - with a list of products
- Search result page (list of products)
- Product detail page
- Other Pages like About us, Contact us, terms, etc.
Ideally, the Magento shoes theme you choose should look professionally designed and should compliment what you are selling. The second thing to look for in a Magento shoes theme is the ease of use, navigation and conversion. Another important thing to look for in a Magento shoes theme is that it should be SEO optimized for your store to rank better in search engine results. Last but not the least, it should be upgradeable, so that when you upgrade your Magento, the themes should be compatible with it. Below are some of the basic things that you must take into account while selecting a theme for your Online Magento shoes Store.
- Look & Feel: We believe that a good design encourages the visitor to spend more time on your website. A sleek & a classy look also gives an impression that you are a well established site and they can rely on you to deliver your best. A good site design also helps build trust between visitors and you. So, the design should therefore be what your target audience / customers should expect and like, and may not necessarily what you like or prefer.
- Navigation : Another very important aspect to look for when you select a Magento shoes theme is the ease of use. Navigating through a website should be easy and not confusing. It is very important to create a navigation plan first and then add products. It is necessary to decide what data to hold for each product and what data to use to help visitors find a product. In Magento a product may not necessarily be sitting is a hierarchical category. Instead, it can be found using layered navigation. Layered navigation helps filtering large product lists into a more defined, refined & manageable display. Layered navigation also eliminates the need for complex menu structures.
- Search Engine Optimized : It is very crucial in terms of your website rank, traffic & performance. Magento is said to have various SEO friendly features. However, this is only as good as the content. The Magento theme that you select must have just one main heading i.e. (h1) and the heading should be the main subject of the page. For a category page, the subject should be the category title and similarly for a product detail page, the main heading should be the product title. As far as the search pages are concerned, it is better to use search term as the page heading. Another very important point to consider here is that the navigation links should be “NoFollow” in case of layered navigation. If this is not done, it may result in 'duplicate content'. These are some of the basic SEO related points that should be kept in mind when you select a Magento shoes theme.
- Upgradeable : Make sure that the Magento shoes theme you select should be available on the Magento versions that you use. Or the themes should be compatible with the version you upgrade to.
- Help & Support : It is also one of the important aspects to look for. What kind of support does your supplier provides, go through their testimonial and see what kind of experience other users have had with the supplier. Whether they just offer 3-6 months of support and upgrades, or do they offer any kind of guarantee that they will allow you to download any future versions of the shoes theme when Magento is upgraded.
The Magento shoes theme which fulfills all these or most of these criteria should be your ultimate choice.
Adjust & Edit Quick View Image Settings in Magento Shoes Store Theme
All the Magento shoes themes comes with some default or in-built settings. But, when it is Magento, there's always a way to change, edit or customize these settings to suit your requirements. Almost all of the Magento themes comes with an in-built quick view setting. If you are not happy with the way your images appear in quick view pop-up, you can certainly change it to appear as you want it. Here's how you can adjust quick view image settings:
Go to System -> Configuration -> Magento Extension -> Quick View
You can customize quick view image settings by completing the fields listed below Zoom and Image Slider Configurations :
- Image Width – Specify image width in pixels
- Image Height – Specify image height in pixels
- Zoom Wrapper Width – The width of the zoom box (in pixels)
- Zoom Wrapper Height – The height of the zoom box (in pixels)
- Thumbnail Slider – Enable / disable thumbnail slider in popup
- Thumbnail Width – Specify width of thumbnails in popup
- Thumbnail Height – Specify height of thumbnails in popup
- Zoom Ratio – Specify the rate of zoom
Featured Products Extension for Magento Shoes Store Themes & Templates
The featured product extension enables you to easily control featured products on your Magento shoes store. With this extension enabled on your Magento shoes store you can display or showcase top products in the form of galley or slideshows. Setting a product as featured product on your shoes store is easy. Simply login to your Magento admin panel & select “Yes” in the “Featured” attribute so that the product will be displayed in a content block on the category page. The Featured product extension helps you highlight products that are converting well on your shoes store.
Color Picker Extension For Your Magento Shoe Store Theme
Magento color picker is a very useful extension for a Magento shoes store theme. It enable Magento users as well as visitors to pick shoes in colors of their choice. For example if the Magento store owner has a variety of shoes displayed on his website, a visitor or an interested buyer can choose to buy products in specific color like black shoes or red pumps etc. Similarly with a color picker extension a seller does not have to upload tons of images to display different color options anymore. Color Picker Magento extensions provide a high customization with distribution. You will be able to configure swatch box sizes and their tooltip options view from the Magento admin panel. The system will then generate appropriate thumbnails with selected sizes, so you don't have to worry about cropping and resizing images for each option.
The color picker extension help buyers to narrow down their search results where as sellers can broaden their product range while displaying products in all available colors. It saves their navigation & search time which they spend looking for a product in specific color. This extension is specifically useful for Magento stores selling fashion, apparel, shoes, handbags & clothing ranges. So, if you are running a Magento shoes store, the Color Picker extension should immensely help you increase sales.