You have no items in your shopping cart.
Magento Fashion Store Templates
Advantages of Magento Themes Over Other Themes?
Magento is a feature rich open source platform that provides a lot of scope for creativity. Magento has been confirmed as fastest growing platform in the list of Internet Retailers 2014. To build their website, many online business owner prefer Magento themes over other themes. Magento enhances the shopping experience and adds aesthetic value along with usability to any ecommerce website.
With Magento, designers have gained the ability to convert their wild imaginations into themes that can be downloaded and used. Dependency on programmers for small tasks has been completely eliminated by Magento. But, what exactly differentiates Magento themes from the other themes.
Here are the reasons why Magento themes are different from other themes:
- Magento Themes are Feature-Rich : Magento offers functions which are certainly not offered by other ecommerce platforms. Multiple languages, multiple store functionality, multiple currency support and SEO friendly features are a real treat that is available for free in Magento community edition. If you need other helpful features to control your store than you need to upgrade to enterprise edition. If business value demands more security and efficient performance than you can upgrade to Premium Enterprise Version.
- Magento Themes have Responsive Design : Responsive Designs are must-have for the success of ecommerce website. Responsive themes provide best visual experience for all visitors. Designing a website to cater both smartphone and desktop/laptop users is a positive way to maximize the marketing mileage. 30% of US customers use their smartphones and tablets for online shopping.
- Retina Ready Theme : Retina Ready Themes make your website look good on any retina display. This functionality is highly indispensable if you want your customers to be truly satisfied. Clear and sharp images without any distortion make your online store look trustworthy and professional.
- Magento Themes have High Customization Power : With Magento Customization Services you can do ecommerce website customization, develop online store and customize shopping cart, module, plug-ins and themes or templates. Magento themes are highly customizable which opens the door to design your online store exactly the way you want. You can give unique and attractive look to every product category and product page. It grants you the power to showcase your product in an innovative way which helps in improving your marketing efforts. It helps in creating brand visibility and provides great shopping experience to your customers. Uploading new range of products and configuring a temporary theme for contests, seasons and special sales can be easily done by the end users.
- Swapping between Multiple Themes is Easy : Magento enables us to load multiple themes at a time which allows you to swap between default store design and temporary season/ event designs. Well it is really an amazing way to attract customers.
- Continuous Workflow : As Magento is fully object oriented programming, all modules can be easily accessed via template tags from any template file. With Magento’s feature rich right out of box, you don’t have to depend on programmers and designers to complete simple task. Magento thrives on vast community support of Magento experts and hence, you don’t have to think hard if you need any sort of guidance.
- Reduced Debugging Time : With Magento’s modular structure programmers can easily spot flaws or hitch. This backend modular structure brings modular template system which reduces (X) HTML masses. It consumes very less time due to which online stores have to face less downtime.
What should we take into account when selecting a Theme for your Online Magento Fashion Store?
One of the best ways to select a theme for your Magento fashion store is to select a template that is close to what you want your site to look like. Then check if its design can be tailored to meet your requirements. Unfortunately, there are thousands and thousands of Magento fashion templates and finding one for your site can be a daunting experience.
The main pages that a Magento theme displays are :
- The Home (main) page
- The Category page - with a list of sub categories - with a list of products
- Search result page (list of products)
- Product detail page
- Other Pages like About us, Contact us, terms, etc.
Ideally, the Magento fashion theme you choose should look professionally designed and should compliment what you are selling. The second thing to look for in a Magento fashion theme is the ease of use, navigation and conversion. Another important thing to look for in a Magento fashion theme is that it should be SEO optimized for your store to rank better in search engine results. Last but not the least, it should be upgradeable, so that when you upgrade your Magento, the themes should be compatible with it. Below are some of the basic things that you must take into account while selecting a theme for your Online Magento fashion Store.
- Look & Feel: We believe that a good design encourages the visitor to spend more time on your website. A sleek & a classy look also gives an impression that you are a well established site and they can rely on you to deliver your best. A good site design also helps build trust between visitors and you. So, the design should therefore be what your target audience / customers should expect and like, and may not necessarily what you like or prefer.
- Navigation : Another very important aspect to look for when you select a Magento fashion theme is the ease of use. Navigating through a website should be easy and not confusing. It is very important to create a navigation plan first and then add products. It is necessary to decide what data to hold for each product and what data to use to help visitors find a product. In Magento a product may not necessarily be sitting is a hierarchical category. Instead, it can be found using layered navigation. Layered navigation helps filtering large product lists into a more defined, refined & manageable display. Layered navigation also eliminates the need for complex menu structures.
- Search Engine Optimized : It is very crucial in terms of your website rank, traffic & performance. Magento is said to have various SEO friendly features. However, this is only as good as the content. The Magento theme that you select must have just one main heading i.e. (h1) and the heading should be the main subject of the page. For a category page, the subject should be the category title and similarly for a product detail page, the main heading should be the product title. As far as the search pages are concerned, it is better to use search term as the page heading. Another very important point to consider here is that the navigation links should be “NoFollow” in case of layered navigation. If this is not done, it may result in 'duplicate content'. These are some of the basic SEO related points that should be kept in mind when you select a Magento fashion theme.
- Upgradeable : Make sure that the Magento fashion theme you select should be available on the Magento versions that you use. Or the themes should be compatible with the version you upgrade to.
- Help & Support : It is also one of the important aspects to look for. What kind of support does your supplier provides, go through their testimonial and see what kind of experience other users have had with the supplier. Whether they just offer 3-6 months of support and upgrades, or do they offer any kind of guarantee that they will allow you to download any future versions of the fashion theme when Magento is upgraded.
The Magento fashion theme which fulfills all these or most of these criteria should be your ultimate choice.
Why you should go mobile?
We all know it well that a customer doesn't really care if your Magento --- store is responsive or not. All he wants is a clear hassle free navigation that enables him to do the task for which he is on your Magento store. Whether he wants to shop, read an article, searching for a nearby library, looking for fabulous clothing deals or whatever. All he expects is the best possible web experience, no matter what the platform or resolution it is. Going responsive can cater all these issues. When you have a responsive web design, you ensure your buyers an optimal browsing & navigation experience. No matter what device your website is browsed on, your customers will have a great shopping experience if you are responsive.
Here are key statistics to let you know why you should go Mobile:
- It is estimated that mobile phone users will surpass desktop users by the end of 2014.
- 16% of all web traffic is generated by mobile phones.
- As of now 66% of smartphone & tablet users are not happy with the way the websites show up on their mobile devices.
- 16% smartphone & tablet users said that if a website takes too long to load & open, they give up.
- 85% of users think that a mobile version of a company's website should be as good or better than the desktop version.
- 69% of tablet users have shopped through their tablets in last 30 days.
- According to a survey conducted by Google, 48% of users said that if a website didn't work well on their smartphone or tablets, it made them feel like the company didn't care about their business.
- 67% of users are more likely to make a purchase with a smartphone on a mobile-friendly website than a non-mobile optimized site.
- 90% of people use multiple device screen sequentially.
- Out of 5388 mobile & smartphone users, 47% complained that websites were not optimized for mobile devices.
Keeping all the above stats in mind, we believe that a responsive Magento design can help you get on top as compared to an adaptive design.
Featured Products Extension for Magento Fashion Theme
A featured product extension is one of the most required and requested extension in Magento fashion themes these days. It empowers you with an ability to show 'featured products' on your fashion store frontend. The basic idea here is to choose products manually that should be displayed on the homepage or on a separate page as 'featured products'.
From the Magento admin panel you choose which product is to be displayed as a featured product and then depending on your configuration & layout, the selected product(s) can be showcased on a separate page / URL like http://abc.com/featured-products or any other block on your Magento fashion store.
Setting up Recommended Products in Magento
Most of the Magento fashion store owner these days insist to showcase their special or recommended products either on their home page or on the product detail page. The 'recommended product' extension helps you to improve conversation and sell more. The extension suggests products which are most relevant to your visitors. This suggestion is based on their past purchase history. Magento doesn’t provide this as a default or built-in feature. To enable this setting on your Magento fashion store, you'll have to install additional extension. Fortunately, there are many Magento extensions available which will do the job for you. If you have 'recommended products' section on your fashion store, you will definitely keep your visitors engaged for long. It also helps you improve conversions, make shopping personal and save time by adding personalized product recommendations to your Meganto fashion Store.
Color Picker Extension For Your Magento Fashion Store Theme
Magento color picker is a very useful extension for a Magento fashion store theme. It enable Magento users as well as visitors to pick clothing & accessories in colors of their choice. For example if the Magento store owner has a variety of accessories displayed on his website, a visitor or an interested buyer can choose to buy products in specific color like black dress or red handbag etc. Similarly with a color picker extension a seller does not have to upload tons of images to display different color options anymore. Color Picker Magento extensions provide a high customization with distribution. You will be able to configure swatch box sizes and their tooltip options view from the Magento admin panel. The system will then generate appropriate thumbnails with selected sizes, so you don't have to worry about cropping and resizing images for each option.
The color picker extension help buyers to narrow down their search results where as sellers can broaden their product range while displaying products in all available colors. It saves their navigation & search time which they spend looking for a product in specific color. This extension is specifically useful for Magento stores selling fashion, apparel, shoes, handbags & clothing ranges. So, if you are running a Magento fashion store, the Color Picker extension should immensely help you increase sales.
Content Slider Extension for Your Magento Fashion Store Homepage
Magento Fashion stores focus on having a visually appealing website. It attracts customers and encourages them to explore the website in depth. Having a content slider on your fashion store can add a good aesthetic feel to your website. A content slider provides you an opportunity to create beautiful slideshows to feature on your homepage.Here Are A Few Benefits Of Having A Content Slider On Your Homepage
- It saves space on your website. A variety of content across different product categories can be fit into a small space on your site. Visitors do not need to scroll lower on your homepage or search for what they are looking for. The moment your homepage opens a slider will appear on the top with an insightful slideshow of product images and videos.
- A content slider allows you to feature your best selling products and services on a slideshow. You can feature your best sellers with beautiful product photos and instructional videos on the slideshow. It offers an opportunity for your bestsellers to become more popular and sell more.
- A content slider is a great tool to consider for your website if you are posting updates frequently. An updated content slider shifts the focus of your visitors to different updates and provides a good amount of exposure to each of your posts. So each of your post has an opportunity to get optimum emphasis.
- If there are products on sale you can display them on your content slider. It can lead to quick purchases and timely replacement of your old stock.
- Content sliders offer an easy way to create awareness about your brand and market your store. It can help to build trust in your store and eventually result in improvement in conversions.
Sliders can definitely have a positive impact in the minds of users if used properly. Use it well and your website can hugely benefit from it.